While undertaking any form of academic writing, the citing of sources is must. It is usually used to explain what all inspiration you as a student has drawn from other scholarly work. However, referencing can get you confused due to its variety of referencing types within one referencing style. For example, APA Referencing Guide follows a distinct type of referencing for online journals with one author, which is different from the referencing used for e-books. Similarly, single authors as well as multiple authors have a unique form of referencing. There are numerous referencing styles a student needs to choose from while writing any academic paper.
Here is a referencing guide for the few referencing styles that are explained below along with some referencing examples:
1. Harvard Referencing style: Harvard referencing, also called the 'author-date' style, follows a specific arrangement for citing relevant sources. The variation isminor , but very significant like use of punctuation or abbreviations. Therefore, one needs to be very careful while referencing and in-text citation.
2. APA Referencing style: APA is quite similar to Harvard style like use of parentheses in with brief author-date citations in the body of assignment and complete citation in the reference list. It is mostly used in writing scientific literature in various formats like research papers, term papers, literature reviews etc.
3. MLA referencing style: MLA style was created by the Modern Language Association. It is a short style essentially used in the humanities and liberal arts; especially on the research focusing on literature, languages, and culture.
4. Chicago referencing style: Chicago style referencing offers two options for citations: basic documentation systems — author-date style and notes-bibliography style.So, one must careful to check which format is required to be used.
5. AGLC referencing style: The Australian Guide to Legal Citation (AGLC), published by the Melbourne University Law Review Association in cooperation with the Melbourne Journal of International Law. It is one of the most widely used referencing styles for citing legal sources.
6. Vancouver referencing style: Vancouver referencing is a numeric referencing style. Here, each source is numbered corresponding to the structure in which it appears in the assignment body. same sources are referred to with identical numbering. Vancouver referencing style is mostly used in the medical domain.
7. OSCOLA referencing style: OSCOLA or Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities, is a referencing style that incorporates legal sources like statutes, cases and command papers. The In-text citations are arranged in the footnotes. Here, the punctuation used is minimum, and some specific set of rules is to adhere to while using subsequent mentions.
Online Assignment Help
Custom Essay Help
Dissertation Writing Guidance
With so many complexities involved, one can always get confused while dealing with different kinds referencing. This is when our expert can come into the picture to not only provide you a good referencing guide as well as giving youassignment help. We maintain supreme quality assignments for all our services be it thesis writing help or essay writing services. Our Ph.D. scholars are mostly ex-professors from reputed universities, which ensures that they are familiar with all kinds of referencing styles as well as its usage in the academic literature. Therefore, you are rest assure once you take our assignment writing services.
Proofreading and Editing$9.00Per Page
Consultation with Expert$35.00Per Hour
Live Session 1-on-1$40.00Per 30 min.
Doing your Assignment with our resources is simple, take Expert assistance to ensure HD Grades. Here you Go....
Min Wordcount should be 2000 Min deadline should be 3 days Min Order Cost will be USD 10 User Type is All Users Coupon can use Multiple